29th of November 2015
- Good luck to three of our ladies footballers - Orla McGowan, Rachel Monaghan and Amanda Healy - who are nominated for the Sligo Champion women’s Club All-Star Awards. The ceremony takes place this Saturday night in Sligo’s Radisson Blu Hotel. Tickets are still available for this event. Details are on our Facebook page.
15th of November 2015
- Three of the club’s footballers have been nominated for the 2015 Sligo Champion GAA Women’s Club Allstar awards. Congrats to Orla McGowan, Rachel Monaghan and Amanda Healy on making the shortlist. The Club Allstars banquet takes place on Saturday, Dec 5th, in the Radisson Hotel.
8th of November 2015
- The club is celebrating a clean sweep of county championships in underage girls football for 2015 after our U16s clinched the 'A' Championship title last Thursday evening under the floodlights of Scarden following a 2-14 to 2-5 victory over Eastern Harps. The team produced a top-class performance on the night to beat a gallant Harps team which had won the league title earlier this year. That's now four county titles for the club in girls underage football this year - U12 'B', U14 'B', U16 'A' & Minor 'A'. The victorious U16 players were: Rachael Quigley, Grace Casserly, Aimee Oates, Zara Mulrooney, Aisling O’Reilly, Jayne McCormack, Ella McDermott, Michelle McNamara, Lisa McLoughlin, Kate Keyes, Sinéad Regan, Eimear Colreavy, Roisín Healy, Laura Oates, Ciara Goonan, Molly Brady, Megan Brady, Kaitlin Greene, Karla O’Beirne, Sadbh McCarthy, Elena Carway.
- Management team: Barry O’Sullivan, Laura Fowley, Tim O’Sullivan, Karen Keyes, Margaret Regan and Bernie O’Reilly.
1st of November 2015
- If the men’s championship relegation final had drama on Saturday night, it paled in comparison to what our U14 girls footballers served up a few hours earlier in Cloonacool in the County U14 ‘B’ Championship decider against Eoghan Rua. They came from 13 points down at half-time to win by 6-7 to 6-2 in a rip-roaring second-half. Congratulations to the players and management on a fabulous success. Players: Lilly Rose Leydon (C), Megan Byrne, Feye Hennigan, Lisa Morrow, Allanah Gallagher, Sarah Kisby, Ava Harte, Tara Donaghue, Oda Carty, Sophie McDonagh,Aoife Mc Loughlin, Lauryn Delaney, Maeve Casserly, Eve Scanlon, Keela Scanlon, Eva Butler, Carol Ann Monaghan, Leah Mc Carthy, Lorraine Oats, Megan Conway, Kitty Leydon, Carrie Chambers. Management; team: Sean Cunningham, Peter Byrne, Liz King. Pictures of the team’s success and match details are on our facebook page this week. This the club’s third county title for 2015 in underage girls football - and the U16s are still in with a chance of completing the clean sweep when they take on Eastern Harps in the forthcoming county final.
25th October 2015
- The girls U16 footballers booked their place in the County ‘A’ Championship final with an impressive 5-12 to 3-8 victory over Eoghan Rua last Wednesday evening. The result means all four of the club’s underage girls football teams from U12 to minor, have reached county finals in 2015. The U16s now have a final meeting with rivals Eastern Harps in Scarden this Wednesday (28th) at 7pm.The match will be a repeat of the league decider earlier this year, which Harps won. We wish the players and management team every success. Players: Rachel Quigley, Grace Casserly, Aimee Oates, Zara Mulrooney, Aisling O'Reilly, Jayne McCormack, Ella McDermott, Michelle McNamara, Lisa McLaughlin, Kate Keyes, Sinéad Regan, Emer Colreavy, Roisín Healy, Laura Oates, Ciara Greene, Molly Brady, Megan Brady, Caitlin Greene, Karla O'Beirne, Sdhbh McCarthy.
19th of October 2015
- There was another win for the girls U14 footballers in the ‘B’ Championship last Saturday when they enjoyed a comprehensive victory over Eastern Harps in Gurteen. The girls played really well, keeping the opposition scoreless in the first half. Sophie McDonagh showed great skill and determination to score some impressive goals and points. Ava Harte looked to be back to her best after a tough year with injuries. The win rubber stamps the U14 team’s place in the County ‘B’ Championship final. We wish the players every success. Details of the final arrangements will be published as soon as they are finalised.
- The girls U16 footballers are still in the hunt for County Championship honours too. They face a play-off match against Eoghan Rua with the winners qualifying for the ‘A’ Championship final against Eastern Harps.
11th of October 2015
- It was a special weekend for the girls U12 footballers. They captured the County ‘B’ Championship title with an 8-11 to 6-4 success over a gallant Shamrock Gaels team at Hazelwood on Sunday morning. A high-scoring and entertaining encounter produced some excellent football and scoring. Well done to all the players and and management on a marvelous success. Team: Holly O'Boyle, Kitty Leydon, Cathlyn Doherty, Hannah Moran, Theresa Devaney, Emma Shanley, Lorraine Oates (C), Emer Kivlehan, Maeve Casserly, Keela Scanlon, Amy Coyle, Aveen Dunleavy, Ellie Ferguson, Laoise Moylan,Caoimhe Conner, Anna Gillen, Tara O'Brion, Katie Gilmartin, Clodagh McCloskey, Laura Scanlon.
- Our U14 girls are still firmly in the hunt for County Championship honours too. Already assured of a place in the B decider, they travel to Keash this weekend to play Eastern Harps in their final group game.
- The U16 girls face Eoghan Rua in their next Championship group match. They are also still in contention for a place in the knockout stages.
- The Connacht Club championship adventure for the girls minor footballers came to an end in Drumkeerin last Sunday when they lost to Leitrim champions St Brigid’s by 3-10 to 2-10. The teams were level with eight minutes remaining but St Brigid’s got three scores in the closing moments to seal the win. Commiserations to the players but they can be proud of their achievements in 2015.
5th of October 2015
- Fresh from their recent County Championship success, the club’s ladies minor footballers begin their Connacht Club football championship when they play St Brigid’s of Leitrim in the provincial semi-final semi-final. We wish the players and management team every success.
- The girls U14s warmed up for their forthcoming County ‘B’ Championship final with an impressive victory over St Mary’s in a challenge match at Oxfield last Wednesday.
- It’s a big week for our U12 girls footballers as they get ready to contest the County ‘B” Championship final against Shamrock Gaels on Sunday morning. Throw-in: 11am. We wish the players and the management team of Frank Moylan, Trevor Ferguson and John Casserly every success this weekend.
13th of September 2015
- Congratulations to the girls minor footballers, who produced a superb display last Sunday morning in Tubbercurry to lift the County Minor ‘A’ Championship title for 2015. The team’s 2-13 to 2-10 victory over Eastern Harps was thoroughly deserved. They came from a point behind at half-time, to score six unanswered points at one stage during the second half, and eventually win by three at the finish. As well as securing the county title, the DRP girls will now be Sligo’s representatives in the Connacht club minor football championship next month. The panel, which includes four sets of sisters, is: Zara Mulrooney, Joan Brennan, Michelle McNamara, Shirley Nicholson, Ella McDermott, Aimee Oates, Rachel Oates, Denise Regan, Ciara Redmond, Lisa McLoughlin, Amanda Healy, Sinéad Regan Róisín Healy, Laura Oates, Ciara Goonan. Subs: Keeley Greene, Emily McCormack, Jayne McCormack, Kate Keyes.
- Good luck to our U16 girls footballers who continue their championship campaign on Tuesday evening with a trip to Gurteen to face rivals Eastern Harps at 6:45pm.
6th of September 2015
- The DRP ladies Intermediate championship campaign came to an end at the weekend after playing two matches in a 36-hour period. Friday evening saw them run out convincing 5-7 to 1-6 winners over Curry in the quarter-final. Then, the girls set their alarms early for Sunday morning and a 9.30am throw-in against Eastern Harps in Keash in the county semi-final. The quick turnaround had an effect but Harps were clearly the stronger and slicker side and ran out deserving winners. Nonetheless, it was still a fine achievement by manager Mike Healy and the DRP ladies to reach the last four in their first year back in the adult grade. We wish Eastern Harps and St Mary’s every success in the county decider on the 19th.
- This Sunday is a big day for the minor girls footballers as they take on Harps in the County ‘A’ Championship final. We wish the players and management the very best of luck.
- The girls U16s made a winning start to the championship with a comfortable victory over Owenmore Gaels. Laura Oates was the game’s top scorer with 2-6. We play arch rivals Eastern Harps next.
- The U14 girls picked up their third consecutive championship win on Thursday evening with 4-6 to 1-5 success against Calry/St Joseph’s.
30th of August 2015
- A gutsy display by our intermediate ladies footballers against St Mary’s in the championship fell just short at Kent Park last Sunday morning on a final scoreline 6-8 to 4-8. The girls were 14 points down at half-time but produced a stirring second-half comeback which, at one stage, saw the St Mary’s lead cut to a single point. Two late goals helped the home side secure victory in the end but the DRP ladies now have a county quarter-final to look forward to against Curry on Wednesday evening. Check our facebook page for time and venue details. Team last Sunday: Rachel Oates, Joan Brennan, Aimee Oates, Shirley Nicholson, Orlaith Furey, Michelle McNamara, Avril Clancy, Rachel Monaghan, Ciara Redmond, Ciara Goonan, Amanda Healy, Sinéad Regan, Roisín Healy, Denise Regan.Tracy O'Boyle. Subs: Mary O'Hara, Emily McCormack, Lisa McLoughlin, Keeley Greene, Jayne McCormack.
- Well done to the U14 girls who recorded their second win in the championship against Eoghan Rua last week on a scoreline of 2-6 to 0-2. This follows an excellent victory over St Molaise Gaels by 14 points to 2. We wish the team continued success for the remainder of the campaign.
24th of August 2015
- Our intermediate ladies recorded their second consecutive win in the championship on Sunday with a 2-18 to 3-3 win over Owenmore Gaels. They face St Mary’s at Kent Park this Sunday morning at 10am. Victory would ensure a place in the county semi-finals.
- Congrats to our minor ladies footballers who are through to the Minor A Championship final. Despite losing their concluding group match to Eastern Harps last Tuesday, the team has qualified for the county decider and will face either Eastern Harps or St Nathy’s on September 13th.
16th of August 2015
- The Sligo ladies team’s run in the All-Ireland intermediate football championship came to an end in Birr last Saturday against Waterford. Commiserations to club players Rachel Monaghan and Orla McGowan. The county side’s exit means the Intermediate Club Championship resumes this weekend with the DRP ladies taking on Owenmore Gaels in Collooney in their latest group game.
- Our minor girls footballers have enjoyed two recent championship wins - beating Calry/St Joseph’s 4-13 to 2-4 and then getting the better of St Nathy’s at Oxfield last Monday evening on a scoreline of 4-9 to 2-7. Both games produced superb team performances with a really strong work ethic evident in both encounters. Squad and scorers in both games: Zara Mulrooney, Joan Brennan, Rachael Oates, Shirley Nicholson, Ella McDermott, Lisa McLoughlin, Michelle McNamara 0-1, Aimee Oates, Ciara Redmond 1-4,, Denise Regan, 0-2, Kate Keyes, Keeley Greene, Emily McCormack 0-3,Amanda Healy 3-2, , Sinead Regan 0-4, Roisin Healy 2-0, Ciara Goonan 0-2 and Laura Oates 2-6. We play Eastern Harps on Tuesday evening (18th) in Keash
3rd of August 2015
- Congratulations to club players Orla McGowan, Rachel Monaghan and the Sligo ladies team on their thrilling TG4 All-Ireland qualifier win over Roscommon in Ballinamore last weekend. The girls won by 2-15 to 2-13. The victory sets up an All-Ireland quarter-final meeting with Waterford in Birr in two weeks time.
20th of July 2015
- Our ladies footballers made a winning start to the Intermediate Championship last week. They won their opening group match against St Farnan's at Oxfield on a scoreline of 6-10 to 2-7. County player Rachael Monaghan put on a super show of finishing scoring seventeen points of the team’s tally. Special mention to Shirley Nicholson & Denise Regan who made a return day-trip from the Gaeltacht to be available for this game. Maith sibh! Team: Rachael Oates, Orla McGowan( c) Shirley Nicholson, Orlaith Furey ( 0-2) Aoife Clancy, Avril Clancy, Ciara Redmond, Rachael Monaghan (5-2), Michelle McNamara, Amanda Healy(0-2) Denise Regan, Róisín Healy (0-1), Tracy O’Boyle (0-3), Mary O’Hara, Sinead Regan (1-1), Emily McCormack, Ciara Goonan, Aimee Oates. The DRP ladies are in a group of four teams in the Intermediate Championship (eight in total) along with St Farnan's, Owenmore Gaels and St Mary's. The girls next match is away to Owenmore Gaels this Sunday.
12 of July 2015
- Our ladies Intermediate footballers open their Championship campaign against St Farnan’s at Oxfield this Tuesday evening at 7:30pm. Your support would be appreciated.
6th of July 2015
- This Sunday will be a huge day for two of the club’s intermediate ladies footballers. Orla McGowan and Rachel Monaghan are part of the Sligo squad which takes Leitrim in Connacht final this Sunday afternoon at McHale Park in Castlebar. We wish manager Paddy Henry and the Sligo girls every success.
30th of June 2015
- Well done to the girls U12 footballers who won their league final last week with a 16 points to 5 win over Ballymote.
15th of June 2015
- It was a weekend of mixed fortunes for our Intermediate ladies footballers. On Friday evening we had a good victory in Division 1B away to Curry on a scoreline of 5-9 to 3-9. Team: Rachel Oates, Shirley Nicholson, Oaf Clancy, Orlaith Furey(capt), Aimee Oates, Avril Clancy, Ciara Redmond (2-3), Denise Regan(0-1), Michelle McNamara(1-0), Amanda Healy(2-1), Sinead Regan, Roisín Healy(0-4), Mary O’Hara, Keeley Greene, Lisa McLoughlin. This victory meant we had a play-off against Eoghan URA in Enniscrone on Sunday morning for a place in the league final. Playing against a strong and well organized side we just couldn’t find our form of previous games and ended up losing on a scoreline of 5-10 to 3-5. However, this is a very young DRP side with nine of the fifteen who played last Sunday under 18 years of age. So, the future is promising.
24th of May 2015
- Our intermediate ladies were well beaten by a very strong and well organised St Mary’s team on Sunday in Oxfield (8-6 to 5-4). Missing a number of regulars, we struggled to really get in to the game but the ladies never gave up and finished strongly with some fine scores. Team: Emily McCormack, Joan Brennan, Orla McGowan(capt), Shirley Nicholson, Orlaith Furey (1-0) Avril Clancy( 0-1), Lisa McLoughlin. Ciara Redmond, Denise Regan, Aimee Oates, Tracy O’Boyle(4-2), Sinead Regan, Roisin Healy, Mary O’Hara, Keeley Greene(0-1) and Erin Cunningham. Next up is St Farnan’s away this Sunday at noon. Training continues on Wednesday and Friday evenings at 7pm.
- There was disappointment too for the girls U16 team in the ‘A’ League final in Gurteen last week. They lost to Eastern Harps on a scoreline of 5-6 to 1-6. It was still a fine achievement by the team to reach the league decider, and augurs well for the championship later in the summer.
11th of May 2015
- Pride of place this week goes to Orla McGowan, Rachel Monaghan and the Sligo ladies gaelic football team who came from 8 points down at one stage to beat Waterford 2-12 to 2-8 and claim the Division 3 league title in Parnell Park last Saturday. It was a great achievement for the team and manager Paddy Henry. Highlights of the match will be shown on TG4 during the week.
- Well done to the U14 girls team who had a good win over neighbours St Molaise Gaels in the league on Friday.
26th of April 2015
- Well done to Rachel Monaghan, Orla McGowan and the Sligo ladies team on their 2-9 to 1-8 league semi-final win over Leitrim in Ballyhaunis. The Sligo girls now face Waterford in the Division 3 decider.
- Our Under 16 girls had a good win in the league against St Mary’s in Kent Park last Wednesday
13th of April 2015
- Our intermediate ladies have a busy week ahead. The girls travel to Boyle on Thursday for a Connacht League game. Then, on Sunday, they’re away to Curry in the Intermediate league.That game has a 12pm throw-in.
April 5th - Ladies begin with a win
- Our ladies intermediate team opened their league campaign with a
spirited draw (3-16 to 6-7) v Eoghan Rua on Sunday. There were strong
performances from Michelle McNamara, Rachel Monaghan & Tracy O'Boyle. The
club is proud to have our ladies playing at adult level again after being absent
from the playing field last year. Well done to manager Mike Healy in preparing
- Training for the ladies intermediate team continues every Sunday from 4pm to 5pm in Oxfield. Anyone interested in joining the panel is very welcome to come along to the training sessions. Contact Mike on 087 6845610.
Team Managers 2015
- Intermediate: Mike Healy
- Minor: Mike Healy
- Under 16: Barry O'Sullivan
- Under 14: Sean Cunningham
- Under 12: John Casserly
- Under 10: tbc
- We are particularly keen to increase the number of female football coaches at underage level this year. As our playing numbers continue to grow, so too does the number of coaching personnel needed to assist with our nursery and underage girls teams. If you are interested in being part of a vibrant underage set up, please contact our Coaching Officer Shane Campbell on 087 9086673. No previous experience is necessary as full training will given.For any information on Ladies Football contact Jacinta Monaghan 0879275099