- The club’s GAA nursery for 2016 is provisionally scheduled to commence on Saturday, February 27th. More details in the coming weeks.
- Sligo's new U13 football development squad played their first match against Longford at last Thursday. Four DRP players, Eoghan Smith, Tola Caraway, Lee Cummins and Ian O'Brien, were involved - and Sligo won. Well done to the lads, and to our own Jimmy Smith, who is part of the county U13 management team.
- The DRP GAA Nursery has finished for 2015. We hope to have an end-of-season party for our U6, U8 & U10 players in the next few weeks. Details will be published in due course.
- In the meantime, a BIG thank-you to all the kids for their effort and enthusiasm all year - and to the mums & dads for their support and chauffeuring! Please keep them practicing!
- There was more extra-time drama in Oxfield last Sunday morning when the U13 footballers of Drumcliffe/Rosses Point and Ballymote couldn’t be separated after an hour of football in the Feile League semi-final. However, injuries to key DRP players took their toll in the extra period and Ballymote ran out decisive winners by 8-15 to 6-6.
- Well done to club player Ciarán Smith who represented Rathcormac NS and won the mini sevens boys GAA skills competition last Friday evening. A special mention too for Maeve Casserly who represented her school very well in the girls competition.
- The underage City Leagues concluded last Saturday in Scarden with our U0 and U11 teams performing with distinction throughout.
- Congrats to the boys U13 footballers who secured a semi-final place in the Feile ‘A’ League following victory over Castleconnor at Oxfield. They now face Ballymote in the semi-final on Sunday morning at Oxfield. Throw-in: 11am.
- Our boys U13 footballers picked their third win on the trot in the Feile league on Sunday morning with an emphatic 8-7 to 3-2 victory against Coolera/Strandhill at Oxfield.
- Well done to our U13 boys who recorded their second Feile league win with a 6-14 to 1-5 victory over shamrock Gaels on Wednesday evening in Oxfield.
- Our U9 and U11 footballers continued their participation in the city mini leagues with a series of enjoyable matches against St John’s last Tuesday evening in Scarden. We play Coolera/Strandhill this week.
- A group of our GAA Nursery U7 footballers took part in a very enjoyable fun blitz last Saturday morning in Kent Park. Our thanks to the St Mary’s club for the invitation. It was a very enjoyable event for both the players and their parents.
- Well done to our U13 boys footballers who enjoyed a comprehensive win away to Tourlestrane on Wednesday evening in their opening match of the new league.
- Well done to all the DRP U11 and U9 teams who played their first round of the City Board Mini-League in Scarden last Tuesday. All four games were against near neighbours St Molaise Gaels and the standard of football was very high. We wish a speedy recovery to Diarmuid Dunleavy, who suffered an injury on the night.
- After a short summer break, the club’s weekly GAA nursery resumes in Oxfield this Saturday, August 29th. U6 training starts at 9:45am. U8 & U10 at 10:30am. New players are always welcome.
- The boys minor footballers were unlucky to lose narrowly to Owenmore Gaels last Thursday evening on a scoreline of 3-8 to 0-16. We were leading by three points at half-time, but three second-half goals from the Gaels turned the contest. The team can still qualify for the quarter-finals of the minor championship but are now depending on results elsewhere.
- The minor boys footballers opened their championship campaign last Friday with a draw against Enniscronne/Kilglass on a scoreline of 6-10 a-piece. Despite being without several players, they had led by 12 points at one stage. Next up is Owenmore Gaels this Thursday evening at 7pm
- Well done to everybody involved with the boys U14 footballers final championship match on Friday evening. Particular thanks go to our younger players who stepped up to help ensure we could fulfill the fixture. Thanks to all the parents who supported us during the U14 league and championship. There will be an U13 féile competition, starting at the end of August. Training resumes on Wednesday evening (12th) at 7pm.
- Our U12 boys played their final league game on Wednesday evening in Scarden against Eastern Harps. Well done to all players involved this season and also to their parents for their effort. We will be taking part in both the U11 and U13 leagues in September
- We sent our group of older U10 footballers to participate in the Fingallians annual underage tournament in Dublin last Saturday. Clubs from Dublin, Donegal, Carlow and Meath also took part. We played five matches in what was a very enjoyable tournament. Our thanks to both the host club and to our own ‘Fingallian’ Declan O’Brien, who organised our place in the tournament. Afterwards, the day was topped off with a trip to Croke Park to watch the Mayo v Donegal and Tyrone v Monaghan All-Ireland quarter-finals. A special note of thanks to all the mums who travelled and provided the ‘in-flight’ entertainment throughout the day!
- The boys U12 footballers put up a spirited display in the Division 4 league final at Markievicz Park last Wednesday. Despite losing out narrowly to St Molaise Gaels by 0-11 to 0-10, the lads can be proud of their performances.
- The boys U14 footballers put in a spirited display in their opening group match of the U14 Championship against St Mary's last Friday evening at Oxfield. Despite losing in the end, there were plenty of positives to take from the match as 13 players from the current team will be underage again next year.
- Our boys U12 Division A league team was defeated in a very competitive game against St Molaise Gaels in the league semi-final last week, while our D league team had a very comprehensive win against St Mary’s at Kent Park. We now play in the D league final on Wednesday 29th. More details will appear on our Facebook page. The club wishes Eoin Kerrigan a speedy recovery following his recent injury.
- Thanks to all the parents who attended our GAA Nursery tea/coffee get-together last Saturday. The nursery coaching now takes a short summer break until the end of August. Keep them practicing! Good luck to all our participants in this week’s Kellogg’s Cúl Camp at Oxfield.
- The GAA Nursery will be in Oxfield this Saturday (18th) morning. U6 training at 9:45am, U8 & U10 at 10:30am. The nursery will then take a summer break before resuming at the end of August.
- Our boys U12 footballers competed in the annual PB Laverty tournament in Moy, County Tyrone. We had four games in the group stages where we played Keady of Armagh, Errigal Ciaran, Trillick and Donaghmore all from Tyrone. We then competed in the semi-final of the plate - and were beaten by two points by eventual winners Fintona from Tyrone. Thanks and well done to all players on the day. They were a credit to the club. We wish Andrew Byrne a speedy recovery from injury.
- Both our U12 teams had very competitive games against St John's on Tuesday last.
- The next outing is against St Molaise Gaels in Grange on Monday 13th in the A league semi final at 7pm. On Tuesday the 14th, we play St Mary’s in the D semi-final in Kent Park also at 7pm. We want a full turn out at training this Thursday evening in Rathcormac school at 7pm.
- Our U6 nursery footballers had a very enjoyable experience last Saturday morning when they were invited to take part in a fun blitz at Calry/St Joseph’s GAA Club. Thanks to Brian McGauran and the Calry club for hosting the fun match and for the aftermatch refreshments which the DRP players enjoyed immensely.
- The GAA Nursery for U6, U8 and U10 players returns to Oxfield for the next two Saturday mornings (July 11th and 18th). The nursery will then take a summer break before resuming at the end of August.
- There’s still time to register for the GAA’s annual Kelloggs’ Cúl Camp, which runs in Oxfield from July 20th to 204th. It’s open to children aged 6-13 years. They’ll get to learn GAA games from qualified coaches in a safe and fun environment. Contact local coordinator Mary Power on 087 6288718 for more info.
- Our U12 boys team competed in the PB Laverty tournament in Moy County Tyrone last Saturday. We had four games in the group stages where we played Keady of Armagh, Errigal Ciaran, Trillick and Donaghmore all from Tyrone. We then competed in the semi final of the plate to be defeated by two points by eventual winners Fintona from Tyrone. Thanks and well done to all players on the day.
- We are away to St John's in the final round of the league in Cleveragh at 7pm on Tuesday 30th June. We meet in Cleveragh at 6 30 sharp.
- Our GAA U6 nursery players have been invited to take part in a fun blitz this Saturday morning (June 4th) at Calry/St Joseph’s GAA Club. It will start at 9:45am and finish at 11am. Every player gets a game. Parents, please ensure players bring their gumshields and a drink bottle with them. We meet at 9:45 at the GAA pitch in Hazelwood.
- Our boys U12 footballers played Melvin Gaels last Thursday in a very entertaining challenge game in Oxfield. We wish to thank Melvin Gaels for traveling for this match. We play Eastern Harps this Tuesday evening (2nd) in Keash at 7:30pm and play St Molaise Gaels in Grange on Thursday at 7pm.
- The U10 footballers took part in a blitz in Tubbercurry last Wednesday and performed with distinction. Well done to all the players involved and our thanks to Tubber for hosting the event.
- The U12 boys had two good wins over Tourlestrane last Tuesday in the A & D leagues’s Well done to all involved. Next up is Melvin Gaels on Sunday in Oxfield in a friendly. Throw-in is 6pm.
- Our U16 boys were defeated by a strong Calry/St Josephs’ team in Hazelwood last Monday evening in difficult weather conditions. The team is progressing well with each game and it's encouraging to see a number of players returning to play with the club at this level. The team have qualified for the League Shield semi-final and will play Easkey in Easkey on Monday 11 May at 7pm. Training this week on Tuesday & Thursday evening from 7 to 8pm in Oxfield. All players are asked to attend. Any players who have yet to register are asked to do so by the end of the week.
- Our U12 footballers had a great win against Shamrock Gaels in Coola last Wednesday evening. It's great to see such enthusiasm in this bunch of players. Training continues on Sundays at 6pm (till 7.15). Our next match is at home to tourlestrane on May 5th. Thanks also to Stephen Kivlehan of Rathcormac Steel for carrying out repairs to our underage goals.
- The club is holding a table quiz Austie's Restaurant in Rosses Point on Friday, May 15th, at 9:30pm. The proceeds are in aid of the club's minor football team on Friday, May 15th at 9:30pm. The entry fee is €20 for a team of four. All are welcome. There'll be music too. The minors lost narrowly to Eastern Harps last Thursday on a scoreline of 3-11 to 1-14.
- We resume on Saturday week, April 11th, with a change of venue: Scoil Réalt na Mara in Rosses Point. Training will be outdoors.
- U6 training at 9.45am sharp. U8 & U10 at 10:30am. In the meantime, keep practising! A very Happy Easter from Drumcliffe Rosses Point GAA Club.
- Well done to the boys U14 footballers who won their opening league game against St Farnan’s last Wednesday.
- Minor & Under 16: tbc
- Under 14: Jimmy Smith
- Under 12: Declan Carroll & Jimmy O'Brien
- Under 10: Rowan O'Callaghan & Declan O'Brien
- Under 8: Ed O'Mahony
- Under 6: Austin O'Callaghan & Sinead Ogier
All children must be registered with Club in order to participate in coaching sessions, blitzes, etc. If they are not registered, they are not insured. Being registered also ensures that the club and coaches have a mobile number for parents. For anyone who has not already registeredregistration page - Jimmy O'Brien Club Registrar (087) 2848037
Oxfield, Saturdays, 9:45 to 10:30am
Oxfield, Saturdays, 10:30 to 11:45am
Girls U10s & U12s
Oxfield, Saturdays, 12 noon to 1:00pm
Oxfield, Saturdays, 10:30 to 11:45am
Oxfield, Sundays, 5:15 – 6:30pm
Hurling (girls and boys, 7 to 12 yrs)
Oxfield, Saturdays, 12 noon to 1:00pm
(Aidan O’Reilly 087 9785311)
Kids Coaching Session Checklist